ED8654      Source of Strain:
W.J. BrammerOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(codB-lacI)3
, trpR55Strain Comments:
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- tyrT58(AS) was formerly called supF58
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Borck, K, JD Beggs, WJ Brammar, AS Hopkins, NE Murray 1976. The construction in vitro of transducing derivatives of phage lambda. Mol. Gen. Genet. 146(2):199-207.