CD4      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: metD-88
, metB1Strain Comments:
- Both donor and recipient must be met-(preferably same mutation) in order to use this marker. Low concentration of D-methionine (5-10ug/ml) works better in selection.
- Δpro-3-- is proA or proB.
- Δ(cod-lacI)6-- is Lederberg's lac-72 from strain W4032. It is lacI-Z-Y-. Feedback, 1999, indicates that it also deletes part or all of the cod operon.
- Δ(cod-lacI)6 was formerly called lac-3
- Δ(cod-lacI)6 was formerly called lac-72(del)
- Δ(cod-lacI)6 was formerly called Δ6
- metD-88 was formerly called metD1
- LamR = Lambda-resistant