JP5061      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- May carry malA1 and suppressor for Mal near his (from grandparent ``AB1515,rifR").
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galE45(GalS)-- is from strain PL5 of Buttin.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- White, R.J. 1968. Control of amino sugar metabolism in Escherichia coli and isolation of mutants unable to degrade amino sugars. Biochem.J. 106:847-858
- Holmes, RP, RR Russell 1972. Mutations affecting amino sugar metabolism in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 111(1):290-1.