KL16-21-23      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain was erroneously called "KL16-21" in the paper cited. The deletion of ptsM-kdgR was called " ptsX" and later, ptsM4.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Ferenci, T, HL Kornberg 1971. Pathway of fructose utilization by Escherichia coli. FEBS Lett. 13(2):127-130.