E110      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain must be grown on 200ug/ml N-acetylglucosamine, preferably in PPBE medium (see paper cited below).
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Wu, HC, TC Wu 1971. Isolation and characterization of a glucosamine-requiring mutant of Escherichia coli K-12 defective in glucosamine-6-phosphate synthetase. J. Bacteriol. 105(2):455-66.