SM2-1      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Permissive temperature for growth, 30C (plsC)
- Δ(galK-attLAM)99-- : Some of λ may remain.
- plsC101(ts)-- : At non-permissive temperature (42 C) 1-acyl-sn-glycerol-3-PO4 rises from 20 to 30% of total glycerophospholipids.
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Coleman, J. 1990. Characterization of Escherichia coli cells deficient in 1-acyl-sn-glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase activity. J.Biol.Chem. 265:17215-17221