MP1      Source of Strain:
Robert-Baudouy & PortalierSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, uxuB108Strain Comments:
- This strain may also carry sugar markers and supE44.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA704-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- uxuB108-- is called uxuB8 in the reference below.
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- L? = assignment uncertain
- Robert-Baudouy, JM, RC Portalier 1974. [Studies of mutations in glucuronate catabolism in Escherichia coli K12 (author's transl)] Mol. Gen. Genet. 131(1):31-46.