JR28      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, rpsL8 or rplL9
(L?) or rpsL17
, uxuA1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- thyA3-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- metC69-- was called metC58 by A.L. Taylor.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- = strep-resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Portalier, R., J.M. Robert-Baudouy, F. Stoeber 1972. Mol.Gen.Genet. 118:335-0