ts9      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
- The mutation coaA1, originally called rts-1, confers temperature-sensitivity on this strain. The mutation ilu-1 confers a temperature-sensitive requirement for isoleucine.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- coaA1(ts)-- : C-to-T transition at nucleotide 976 of GenBank M90071 changes Leu codon CTT to Phe codon TTT in amino acid 236 of the long form (L236F). Siri, Westaway, and Hayflick, Personal Communication.
- coaA1(ts) was formerly called rts-1
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Flaks, J., P.S. Leboy, E.A. Birge, C.G. Kurland 1966. Mutations and genetics concerned with the ribosomes. Cold Spr.Harb.Symp.Quant.Biol. 31:623-631
- Watson, RJ, J Parker, NP Fiil, JG Flaks, JD Friesen 1975. New chromosomal location for structural genes of ribosomal proteins. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 72(7):2765-9.
- Song, W.-J., S. Jackowski 1992. coaA and rts are allelic and located at kilobase 3532 on the Escherichia coli physical map. J.Bacteriol. 174:1705-1706
- Song, W.J., S. Jackowski 1992. Cloning, sequencing, and expression of the pantothenate kinase (coaA) gene of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 174:6411-6417
- Siri, M., S.K. Westaway, S.J. Hayflick 2004. Pers.Commun. 6-:2004