EC-O,rif180,strA      Source of Strain:
Chakrabarti & GoriniSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Chakrabarti, SL, L Gorini 1975. A link between streptomycin and rifampicin mutation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 72(6):2084-7.
- Chakrabarti, SL, L Gorini 1977. Interaction between mutations of ribosomes and RNA polymerase: a pair of strA and rif mutants individually temperature-insensitive but temperature-sensitive in combination. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 74(3):1157-61.