JF491      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, bglR13Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- asnA31-- Reported to be an amber mutation
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = kanamycin resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Felton, J, S Michaelis, A Wright 1980. Mutations in two unlinked genes are required to produce asparagine auxotrophy in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 142(1):221-8.