AG112      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(bioC-uvrB)-- This deletion is from strain JF222, but we have not yet determined its assigned deletion number. It was originally reported to be (gal-uvrB) but later shown to carry galT and bioF (ref. below).
- marR11-- :Temporary allele number assignment. Mutation deletes bp 1481-1485 of marR (Cohen et al. 1993) and results in overexpression of marRAB operon and multiple antibiotic resistance.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Oethinger, M, WV Kern, AS Jellen-Ritter, LM McMurry, SB Levy 2000. Ineffectiveness of topoisomerase mutations in mediating clinically significant fluoroquinolone resistance in Escherichia coli in the absence of the AcrAB efflux pump. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 44(1):10-3.