LCB898      Source of Strain:
Varenne et al.Other Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain was formerly called CB898.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Varenne, S., F. Casse, M. Chippaux, M.C. Pascal 1975. A mutant of Escherichia coli deficient in pyruvate formate lyase. Mol.Gen.Genet. 141:51-60