BW21038/pLD54      Source of Strain:
pLD54 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: oriR6Kγ
, bla Chromosomal Markers: Δ(codB-lacI)3
, Δ(phnP-phnD)3330( phnC?)
, mini-Tn5Lac4(CamR,lacIQ)Strain Comments:
- pLD54 is the same as pBW30 except for the deletion of PstI site in bla. The pBW30 host is pir-116, recA+, and does not have mini-Tn5Lac4.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- ΔuidA3::pir+-- Allows the replication of plasmids with an R6Kγ origin of replication
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- ΔuidA3::pir+ was formerly called uidA(Δ MluI)::pir+
- CamR = chloramphenicol resistant
- phnC? = may also delete phnC
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- dPstI = PstI site deleted
- Metcalf, WW, W Jiang, LL Daniels, SK Kim, A Haldimann, BL Wanner 1996. Conditionally replicative and conjugative plasmids carrying lacZ alpha for cloning, mutagenesis, and allele replacement in bacteria. Plasmid 35(1):1-13.