KK446      Source of Strain:
Fuchs & KarlstromSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoB37Strain Comments:
- Although the mutation nrdB2 renders the strain temperature-sensitive, the mutant protein is not thermolabile.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Fuchs, J.A., H.O. Karlstrom 1976. Mapping of nrdA and nrdB in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 128:810-814