NK6069      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: pro-82
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- This is a derivative of strain MM294A.
- This strain requires histidine for growth on supplemented minimal medium (and addition of methionine as well enhances growth).
- pro-82-- is in proA or proB.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- = kanamycin resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- KanR = kanamycin resistance