EJJ320      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- thrS1029-- (Ref. to thrS1029: Johnson et al. 1977 J. Bacteriol 129:66.)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Johnson, E.J., G.N. Cohen, I. Saint-Girons 1977. Threonyl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetase and the regulation of the threonine operon in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 129:66-70