DH21      Source of Strain:
F128-19 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacZp-4008(L8)
, lacIp-4002(ISQ) Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- The episome F128-19 is a derivative of F128 proB -->-- lac carrying lacISQ and possibly lacL8.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Hanahan, D. 1983. Studies on transformation of Escherichia coli with plasmids. J.Mol.Biol. 166:557-580