XA106      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
- See also Promega Technical Bulletin on Interchange System.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- argE-(Am)-- is suppressible by all of the characterized amber and ochre suppressors in Miller et a. 1977
- leuX151(AS)-- Su+6(supP) is a double mutant of a leu tRNA species . anticodon CAA to CUA and at junction of D- and anticodon-stem (A27 to G27).
- leuX151(AS) was formerly called Su6+
- leuX151(AS) was formerly called supP51
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- Miller, J.H., D. Ganem, P. Lu, A. Schmitz 1977. Genetic studies of the lac repressor. I. Correlation of mutational sites with specific amino acid residues: construction of a colinear gene-protein map. J.Mol.Biol. 109:275-301