BW27343      Source of Strain:
B.L. WannerOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- pir+ derivative of DH5alpha (personal communication, B.L.Wanner, 8-17-2002).
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- zdg-232::Tn10-- at ca. 36 min., Barry Wanner Personal communication. 74% recomb. with tus (RGL, pers.comm. Nov 22 05:30:48 2006)
- ΔuidA3::pir+-- Allows the replication of plasmids with an R6Kγ origin of replication
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- ΔuidA3::pir+ was formerly called uidA(Δ MluI)::pir+
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- = tetracycline resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.