Source of Strain:
Jacob & WollmanSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- fic-1-- Found in W677 and its derivatives. Mutant phenotype is filamentation in the presence of cAMP.
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- hns-1 was formerly called osmZ1
- hns-1 was formerly called cur-1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Jacob, F., E. Wollman 1961. Sexuality and genetics of bact., Acad.Press, NY.