DL10      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(aroP-aceF)73
, maeA1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- maeR2-- is a regulatory mutation for malic enzyme
- maeA1-- affects NAD-linked malic enzyme (EC126.96.36.199) and is unmapped.
- maeB3-- affects NADP-linked malic enzyme (EC188.8.131.52)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hansen, EJ, E Juni 1979. Properties of mutants of Escherichia coli lacking malic dehydrogenase and their revertants. J. Biol. Chem. 254(9):3570-5.
- LeMaster, DM, JE Cronan 1982. Biosynthetic production of 13C-labeled amino acids with site-specific enrichment. J. Biol. Chem. 257(3):1224-30.