W3110 Thy-      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, deoC2Strain Comments:
- (Ref. to the inversion: Hill & Harnish 1981 Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci. USA 78:7069.)
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- Hill, C.W., B.W. Harnish 1981. Inversions between ribosomal RNA genes of Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 78:7069-7072