DF71      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacI22
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- When using eda as a selective marker, select growth on glucuronic acid because growth on gluconic acid selects for edd mutants which relieve the inhibition caused by eda.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Fradkin, J.E., D. Fraenkel 1971. 2-keto-3-deoxygluconate 6-phosphate aldolase mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 108:1277-1283