HU227      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: hemA41
, Hem-pStrain Comments:
- This is a heme permeable mutant of Sasarman's hemA41 strain SASX41B. It will grow on LB only if supplemented with 4 ug/ml hemin or Δ-aminolevulinic acid (40ug/ml).
- hemA41-- : hemA mutant strains must be supplemented with Δ-aminolevulinic acid, e.g., L + 10-50 ug/ml ΔALA
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- Hem-p-- : hemin-permeable phenotype, allows hemin to replace ΔALA requirement.
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- Umanoff, H, CS Russell, SD Cosloy 1988. Availability of porphobilinogen controls appearance of porphobilinogen deaminase activity in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 170(10):4969-71.