G240      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- phoA7 is an opal mutation (UGA). phoA10 does not affect the activity of the enzyme.
- phoA10-- does not affect the activity of the enzyme.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- = missense
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- UGA = opal(UGA) mutation
- Chan, T.S., A. Garen 1970. Amino acid substitutions resulting from suppression of nonsense mutations. V. Tyrptophan insertion by the Su9+ gene, a suppressor of the UGA nonsense triplet. J.Mol.Biol. 49:231-234