W4680      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
(strR) or rpsL110
, melB4Strain Comments:
- ΔlacZ39-- is a deletion of ca. 1/3 of the lacZ gene.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- melB4-- : Found to lack TMG permease II, Schmitt, 1968, J.Bacteriol. 96:462
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Cook, A., J. Lederberg 1962. Recombination studies of lactose nonfermenting mutants of Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 47:1335-1353
- Ullmann, A, F Jacob, J Monod 1967. Characterization by in vitro complementation of a peptide corresponding to an operator-proximal segment of the beta-galactosidase structural gene of Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 24(2):339-43.
- Schmitt, R 1968. Analysis of melibiose mutants deficient in alpha-galactosidase and thiomethylgalactoside permease II in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 96(2):462-71.