K1520      Source of Strain:
Russel & ModelSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(araA-leu)7697
, hsdR2Strain Comments:
- Δ(araA-leu)7697-- Shown by Durfee et al. to be a deletion of the first 295 codons of hepA to the first 82 codons of fruR.
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- galK16-- An IS2 insertion resulting in the truncation of the protein at codon 56
- galE15(GalS)-- is Brenner's gal-U38, isolated by UV mutagenesis from his strain CA1.
- galE15(GalS)-- G to A transition resulting in an S122F amino acid substitution
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- Δ(araA-leu)7697 was formerly called Δ(hepA-fruR)7697
- = tetracycline resistant
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Weiner, L., J.L. Brissette, P. Model 1991. Stress-induced expression of the Escherichia coli phage shock protein operon is dependent on sigma 54 and modulated by positive and negative feedback mechanisms. Genes Dev. 5:1912-1923
- Brissette, J.L., L. Weiner, T.L. Ripmaster, P. Model 1991. Characterization and sequence of the Escherichia coli stress-induced psp operon. J.Mol.Biol. 220:35-48