A305      Source of Strain:
Russel & ModelSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Reference below for related strain, A237.
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- zca-1230::Tn10-- cotransduces 88% with aroA. PCR analysis (Nichols et al. 1998) places this insertion at nucleotide 946,252 (20.297 min.)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- zca-1230::Tn10 was formerly called zbj-1230::Tn10
- = kanamycin resistant
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Russel, M., P. Model 1985. Direct cloning of the trxB gene that encodes thioredoxin reductase. J.Bacteriol. 163:238-242