EM2001      Source of Strain:
E. McFallOther Designations:
F32 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, rpsL8 or rplL9
(L?) or rpsL14
, tsx-23 or tsx-25Strain Comments:
- This strain should be grown on medium containing B1, arg, and lacking try, phe, tyr, ade.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- dsdA1-- is called dsdA7 by McFall (1967 Genetics 55:91).
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- McFall, E 1967. Dominance studies with stable merodiploids in the D-serine deaminase system of Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 94(6):1982-8.