K8-5m      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, xyl-7 or xylA5
, iclR13Strain Comments:
- Kornberg reports that the met marker is metB or metF. iclR13 was discovered in this strain by Vinopal & Fraenkel.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Vinopal, RT, DG Fraenkel 1974. Phenotypic suppression of phosphofructokinase mutations in Escherichia coli by constitutive expression of the glyoxylate shunt. J. Bacteriol. 118(3):1090-100.