EWH193      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
, rpsL8 or rpsL104 or rplL9
, rpoB306Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- thyA3-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- metK110(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation in an essential gene.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Hafner, E.W., C.W. Tabor, H. Tabor 1977. Isolation of a metK mutant with a temperature-sensitive S-adenosylmethionine synthetase. J.Bacteriol. 132:832-840