HD152      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-33
- Note that trpE9829 and tyrA15 are amber mutations. rho-702 and serU126 (amber suppressor) are temperature-sensitive mutations.
- thyA707-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- serU126(ts,AS) was formerly called supD126
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Inoko, H., K. Shigesada, M. Imai 1977. Isolation and characterization of conditional-lethal rho mutants of Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 74:1162-1166
- Imai, M, K Shigesada 1978. Studies on the altered rho factor in a nitA mutants of Escherichia coli defective in transcription termination. I. Characterization and quantitative determination of rho in cell extracts. J. Mol. Biol. 120(4):451-66.