AB2480      Source of Strain:
? Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
(strR) or rpsL8
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- This strain is sensitive to male-specific phage MS2, but mates and acts as acceptor strains with Fgal episomes, so it may be a defective male. We've had a report that M13mp7 does not form plaques on this strain.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA13-- Amino acid substitution Leu 51 Phe
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = strep-resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Howard-Flanders, P, L Theriot, JB Stedeford 1969. Some properties of excision-defective recombination-deficient mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 97(3):1134-41.