AB1911      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, xyl-7 or xylA5
(Oc) or argH1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- PITTARD, J, JS LOUTIT, EA ADELBERG 1963. GENE TRANSFER BY F' STRAINS OF ESCHERICHIA COLI K-12. I. DELAY IN INITIATION OF CHROMOSOME TRANSFER. J. Bacteriol. 85:1394-401.