13-6      Source of Strain:
M. SchwartzOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The lac marker was mistakenly called lacZ in Schwartz 1963 Genetics 38:1357.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- SCHWARTZ, NM 1964. SUPPRESSION OF A LAC O-O MUTATION IN ESCHERICHIA COLI. J. Bacteriol. 88:996-1001.
- Elish, M.E., J.R. Pierce, C.F. Earhart 1988. Biochemical analysis of spontaneous frpA mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Gen.Microbiol. 134:1355-1364