AB1528      Source of Strain:
F16 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- PITTARD, J, EA ADELBERG 1963. GENE TRANSFER BY F' STRAINS OF ESCHERICHIA COLI K-12. II. INTERACTION BETWEEN F-MEROGENOTE AND CHROMOSOME DURING TRANSFER. J. Bacteriol. 85:1402-8.
- PITTARD, J, EA ADELBERG 1964. GENE TRANSFER BY F' STRAINS OF ESCHERICHIA COLI K-12. III. AN ANALYSIS OF THE RECOMBINATION EVENTS OCCURRING IN THE F' MALE AND IN THE ZYGOTES. Genetics 49:995-1007.
- HORIUCHI, K, EA ADELBERG 1965. GROWTH OF MALE-SPECIFIC BACTERIOPHAGE IN PROTEUS MIRABILIS HARBORING F-GENOTES DERIVED FROM ESCHERICHIA COLI. J. Bacteriol. 89:1231-6.