AB1203      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- PITTARD, J, EA ADELBERG 1964. GENE TRANSFER BY F' STRAINS OF ESCHERICHIA COLI K-12. III. AN ANALYSIS OF THE RECOMBINATION EVENTS OCCURRING IN THE F' MALE AND IN THE ZYGOTES. Genetics 49:995-1007.
- Ramakrishnan, T., E.A. Adelberg 1965. Regulatory mechanisms in the biosynthese if isoleucine and valine. III. Map order of the structural genes and operator genes. J.Bacteriol. 89:661-664