NM519      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, ΔhsdR24Strain Comments:
- This strain was made by introducing hsdR24 into strain JC8679 of A.J.Clark.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- ΔhsdR24-- is an intragenic deletion.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Rac = within defective prophage Rac
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sain, B., N.E. Murray 1980. The hsd (host specificity) genes of E. coli K12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 180:35-46