LCK8      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or Δ(cod-lacI)6
, opgB202::Tn10Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- opgB202::Tn10-- cotransduces 34% with serB and 13% with thr and ca. 50% with hsd. Shown by PCR analysis (Nichols et al.) to be within opgB at nucleotide 4,595,002 (99.0 min.).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- opgB202::Tn10 was formerly called
- = tetracycline resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation