KL651      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: serR-??-35
, T2RStrain Comments:
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- leuS31(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- serS15(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- T2R-- : selected for resistance to phage T2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Theall, G., K.B. Low, D. Soll 1979. Regulation of the biosynthesis of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases and of tRNA in Escherichia coli. IV. Mutants with increased levels of leucyl- or seryl-tRNA synthetase. Mol.Gen.Genet. 169:205-211