JW355      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: asnB32
, deo-33Strain Comments:
- thyA95-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- zid-501::Tn10-- cotranduces approximately 50% with asnA, 72% with bgl, and 90% with dnaA and gyrB. PCR by Nichols et al. 1998,J.Bact.180:6408, placed it at nucleotide 3,873,001.
- deo-33-- is a deoB or deoC mutation.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant