JW165      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, deoC2Strain Comments:
- The inversion between rrnD and rrnE comes from strain W3110.
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sclafani, R.A., J.A. Wechsler 1981. High frequency of genetic duplications in the dnaB region of the Escherichia coli K12 chromosome. Genetics 98:677-689