CA8224.1      Source of Strain:
R. ArdittiOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZp-4008(L8)
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Both the strain and the mutation lacZp4105 mutation) have been called ``UV5".
- lacZp-4008(L8)-- promoter mutation. Perhaps identical with L37. 200-250X inducible compared with 1000X for wild-type. Isolated as leaky Lac- mutant.
- lacZp-4037(L37)-- is a lacZ promoter mutation. Said to be identical with L8. Ippen et al. characterize it as "normally inducible" but Miller in The Lactose Operon says it's 200-250X inducible, cp.w.1000X WT.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lacZp-4037(L37) was formerly called lacL37
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Arditti, RR, JG Scaife, JR Beckwith 1968. The nature of mutants in the lac promoter region. J. Mol. Biol. 38(3):421-6.
- Silverstone, AE, RR Arditti, B Magasanik 1970. Catabolite-insensitive revertants of lac promoter mutants. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 66(3):773-9.