NH5054      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, deo-27 or deo-43Strain Comments:
- deo-27 is deoB or deoC. This strain is φX-sensitive but plates φX poorly with turbid plaques. This is an E. coli K-12 x C hybrid.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Cassuto, E, J Mursalim, P Howard-Flanders 1978. Homology-dependent cutting in trans of DNA in extracts of Escherichia coli: an approach to the enzymology of genetic recombination. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75(2):620-4.