JA200      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- As a ColE1-based pLC host: Colicin E1 can be used for selection (e.g., 1 unit/ml medium of commercially obtained prep, or 1/100 to 1/1000 dilution of lysate from induction of ColE1-carrying strain).
- This strain is not a derivative of strain C600.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA56-- Amino acid substitution Arg 60 Cys
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- ΔtrpE63 was formerly called DE(trpE5)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Clarke, L, J Carbon 1976. A colony bank containing synthetic Col El hybrid plasmids representative of the entire E. coli genome. Cell 9(1):91-9.