AN66      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
13 Map Position:
84.98 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, ubiD410Strain Comments:
- This strain probably carries phage P1.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Cox, GB, IG Young, LM McCann, F Gibson 1969. Biosynthesis of ubiquinone in Escherichia coli K-12: location of genes affecting the metabolism of 3-octaprenyl-4-hydroxybenzoic acid and 2-octaprenylphenol. J. Bacteriol. 99(2):450-8.