- CGSC#: 4297
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference KL282 Cappello M.C. 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): Hfr
- Hfr Point of Origin#: 2A
- PO Map Position: 12.20
- Direction of Marker Transfer: Counterclockwise
- 13 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display fhuA22 3.61 1 fhuA22 phoA4(Am) 8.64 1 phoA4(Am) serS16 20.23 1 serS16 serC13 20.63 1 serC13 ompF627(T2R) 21.24 1 ompF627(T2R) serU132(AS) 44.01 1 serU132(AS) fadL701(T2R) 53.01 1 fadL701(T2R) relA1 62.71 1 relA1 pitA10 78.36 1 pitA10 spoT1 82.34 1 spoT1 rrnB-2 89.76 1 rrnB-2 mcrB1 98.63 1 mcrB1 creC510 99.89 1 creC510
- 1.The mutation serS14 is partially or completely reverted in this strain. The serine tRNA synthetase is no longer temperature-sensitive, but is reduced in activity 2-3 fold. Since there is
- 2.some doubt as to whether or not the serS locus is reverted to wild type, this reversion has been given the mutant allele designation serS16. We have been informed that KL282 will grow
- 3.on complete medium at both 30 and 37 degrees but will not grow on minimal medium + serine at 37 degrees, due to the presence of an unidentified temperature-sensitive mutation which is not at the
- 4. serS locus. We also have a report that the strain responds better to a mixture of glycine plus pyridoxine than it does to serine alone.
- Low, B, F Gates, T Goldstein, D Soll 1971. Isolation and partial characterization of temperature-sensitive Escherichia coli mutants with altered leucyl- and seryl-transfer ribonucleic acid synthetases. J. Bacteriol. 108(2):742-50.