- CGSC#: 5027
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference JC5412 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): F-
- 9 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display thr-300 0.00 1 thr-300 LAM- 17.40 1 λ- sbcA8(Rac-8 del.) 30.30 1 sbcA8(Rac-8 del.) relA1 62.71 1 relA1 recB21 63.60 1 recB21 rpsE2300(SpcR) 74.20 1 rpsE2300(SpcR) spoT1 82.34 1 spoT1 ilv-318 85.00 1 ilv-318 thiE1 90.34 1 thiE1
- In Lyophil Only
- laboratory, where it was checked thoroughly. You may wish to substitute it for the sample sent to you previously.
- Send out CGSC #5563 instead.
- The culture of JC5412 which has been sent out as CGSC #5027 was Trp-, which it should not have been. The sample of JC5412 enclosed came from a culture which was just received from A.J. Clark's
- Clark, A.J. 1967. The beginning of a genetic analysis of recombination proficiency. J.Cell.Physiol. 70:165-180
- Willetts, N.S., D.W. Mount 1969. Genetic analysis of recombination-deficient mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 carrying rec mutations contrasducible with thyA. J.Bacteriol. 100:923-934
- Willetts, N.S., A.J. Clark 1969. Characteristics of some multiply recombination-deficient strains of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 100:231-239