- CGSC#: 5024
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference W1485 Lederberg J. 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): F+
- 3 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display LAM- 17.40 1 λ- rpoS396(Am) 61.75 0 rpoS396(Am) rph-1 82.20 1 rph-1
- rpoS396(Am) was reported to be present in W1485 by Visick and Clarke, J.Bact. 179:4158. It is not cited as the CGSC 5024 culture, so we are not certain of its presence here.
- This strain does not carry a suppressor mutation and it does not have Tn1000 inserted into the chromosome, as do some derivatives of this strain which have been called simply ``W1485."
- Lederberg, J., E.M. Lederberg 1953. Genetic studies of lysogenicity in Escherichia coli. Genetics 38:51-64
- Guyer, M.S., R.E. Reed, T. Steitz, K.B. Low 1981. Identification of a sex-factor-affinity site in E. coli as gamma delta. Cold Spr.Harb.Symp.Quant.Biol. 45:135-140
- Jensen, K.F. 1993. The Escherichia coli K-12 "wild types" W3110 and MG1655 have an rph frameshift mutation that leads to pyrimidine starvation due to low pyrE expression levels. J.Bacteriol. 175:3401-3407